Friday, November 14, 2008

Oh how I hate bad technology...

So here is the transcript of my conversation with "Jenn" Alaska Airlines virtual Assistant.

So seats are showing sold out on the web. So I wanted to see (since I am a premium traveler) if I could get a seat assignment. Here is the transcript.

She REALLY gets me....


Turn Sound Off Turn Sound On

Jenn: Hi, I'm Jenn, your virtual assistant for the Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air Web site. If you need help, or have a question, simply type it below.

You Asked: can you get me a seat?
Jenn: I'm not sure how to answer that. Please try rewording your question.

You are on a page that I will not direct you away from. To leave this page, you must self-navigate.

You Asked: I would like a seat assignment
Jenn: Make sure to select your seats from the blue squares, which indicate an available seat.

You Asked: how can I get a seat
Jenn: Make sure to select your seats from the blue squares, which indicate an available seat.

You Asked: I need help
Jenn: I know quite a bit about traveling with Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air. What can I help you with?

You Asked: seat assignment
Jenn: Make sure to select your seats from the blue squares, which indicate an available seat.

You Asked: this is not helping - can you help me get a seat when it is saying seat assignment at the airport
Jenn: Please click on the links provided to find the information you are looking for.
Display Seat Map_PA
No Seats on Seat Map_PA

You Asked: No Seats on Seat Map_PA
Jenn: If there are no seats available on the seat map, it does not mean that the flight is sold out. Seat availability is limited on the Web. You will receive your seat assignment on the day of your flight at the airport. To proceed with your purchase, click "Continue".
Return to Jenn Live Chat

Alaska Airlines Home

No comments: