Saturday, October 21, 2006

July 16 2006

I did something strange today - I cancelled my AOL account

I think that it has long been my security blanket. And sure I might need to reinstate it at some time but for now – I am just happy to know that it will be the end of an era for me. Dial up is dead.

HOWEVER the cost for Broadband access has really crept up. I am now paying a lot more… particularly when I travel. The cheapest deal is really irrelevant as the coverage for roaming broadband is pretty dismal. About 1 in 4 occasions I can get free wifi from a local access point. About the same for my cheap Skype/Boingo account. The rest of the time it is pay as you go. As high as Euros 35. You do the math on that one. OUCH

So will I miss the tone squelch and different noises… not really – I always felt like a god doing it. But now it is consigned to the rubbish tip of time. Thanks AOL.

T

Timothy J O'Neil-Dunne
Managing Partner - T2Impact Ltd
Global Travel eBusiness
Tel (US) +1 425 836 4770
Mobile (US) +1 425 785 4457

Mobile (International) +44 7770 33 81 75
Fax +1 815 377 1583
www.t2impact.com

No comments: